With Chinese New Year in February, we share some Chinese hair and beauty tips.
- For skin rejuvenation, Chinese women use pearl powder, which is made from oyster shells. In clinical research pearl powder has been shown to soothe inflammation, promote healing and and calm redness and skin irritations.
- Chinese people drink a lot of green, white and oolong tea for weight loss – it has anti-ageing properties and also strengthens the immune system for longevity and health.
- They use mint leaves on their face to brighten up complexion instantly.
- They use rice water to tone their skin and enhance its complexion.
- Their soft, smooth and supple skin is thanks to face masks of egg whites which keep the facial skin glowing and taut.
- Facial massages are quite popular to reduce puffiness and promote cell regeneration.
- Women in ancient China relied largely on herbs to keep their skin looking radiant. These herbs, called Adaptogens, help their bodies adapt to stress, improve immune system, boost immune system, protect from some cancers, regenerates liver, oxygenates blood, calms the mind and balances blood sugar.
- Experts say many Chinese women also steep these herbs in hot water and make a herbal tea.