HAIR TIPS ON A BUDGET
Are you broke, but desperate to have your hair done? Payday just seems so far away. Don’t worry; we will help you with your hair until you can get to your salon at the end of the month. Try the following…
- Your bangs need a trim? Make sure your hair is dry and using your fingers pull your bangs forward then cut in a straight even line below where your fingers are holding them. If you are a bit nervous to cut your own bangs then ask your stylist what is his bang touch-up policy? Most of the time your stylist will do it for free!
- Going to a function but don’t have the extra cash to have your hair done? Don’t stress, do your own hair! Create a classic bun – using a hair donut, use hairspray to keep the flyway’s down and away you go.
- You don’t have to use a handful of shampoo and conditioner all you need is a small amount in the middle of your palm and the same goes for your styling products. Another cost saving tip, only shampoo your hair every other day – your products will last twice as long.
- Make your own shampoo; try the following to clarify your hair of oil: Diluting 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of water and use the mixture as shampoo.
- Just don’t have the money to buy dry shampoo? Then try the age-old baby powder trick! Apply a small amount of powder to roots and brush it out after 5 minutes to remove excess oil.
- Are those dark roots or grey popping through? Why not try a DIY hair colour, just until you can afford to go to a salon. Touch up your roots with at-home colour, L’Oreal’s Roots is perfect and no one will suspect your colour came from a box.
- Wear hats to prevent the colour from fading and other damage. This will keep you out of the salon for treatments, saving you money! And hats are so in fashion now!
- Coconut oil is a cheap and effective way to strengthen your hair, coconut oil penetrates the hair and is absorbed, strengthening and moisturizing your hair.
- Buy a jumbo size bottle of shampoo and conditioner.
- All those mini shampoos and conditioner you or a friend have collected over the years on business trips, place them in your shower and work your way through them. The variety is good for your hair.