- Do you want it long or short? The desired length determines how many inches you buy. 10 to 12 inches is about shoulder length on most people.
- What is your hair type? If you plan on leaving some of your hair out and blending it with the weave, that may determine what type of hair you get
- Take into consideration the style you want. Do you want to wear the hair straight most of the time. If so, don’t get curly. Do you want hair that you can wear straight and curly? You wouldn’t want to buy synthetic hair because usually, you can’t curl it. If you want something that gets wavy when wet you’ll have to buy wet and wavy hair.
- You also want to get a colour that is the same colour as your natural hair. However, if you are getting a full or closure weave then the texture and colour won’t matter.
- What is your price range? In general you get what you pay for so the more you spend the better the quality.
- How long do you want it to last? If you are looking for something long term you may want to buy 100 percent human hair, or Remy hair if you want it to last even longer. Remy hair is the highest quality hair. The hair can be coloured, cut, heat styled and chemically treated. This is due to the hair cuticles being intact (they all run in the same direction), which prevents tangling and shedding.
- Ask your stylist whether your weave comes with a guarantee.