Winter can be just as horrible on your hair as it is on your skin, so this is the time to start preparing your poor locks before they go into shock. After months of sunny time, beach time and just healthy summer time your locks are about to have to deal with winter… yes the season which turns everything upside down. Harsh winter weather can be your hair’s number one enemy, with the climate change causing hair to become drier and duller. But don’t fret, we have some great tips for you to get your hair winter ready as winter wind and cold can stress your delicate tresses, leave you with less moisture and more split ends.Turn to pages 40 and 41 (Jennifer Aniston issue) to read 22 tips on getting your hair winter ready
Redelia Govender, owner of Square Bubble Hairdressing Salon in Bedfordview shares her tips on your winter hair… and your must-have winter hair products. Grow it long & strong fast!
1. Trim off split ends immediately, but only when necessary – go as long as possible between cuts
2. Try to limit washing as much as possible – use corn starch as a dry shampoo to counteract oiliness
3. Use only cool to warm water when washing hair
4. Use conditioner to „wash‟ hair, or use a natural shampoo without sulfates or silicones
5. Comb hair while conditioner is in it, in the shower – always start at the bottom and work your way up.
By Angela Bekiaris