From basic beauty dos (wear sunscreen every day) to definite don’ts (avoid popping pimples), as well as obscure secrets (beer and vinegar for hair?), you’ll find advice to keep you as beauty-full as ever.
- Everyone loves a spa day! A quick, easy and cheaper indulgence than a trip to the spa is to put your favourite lotion in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Make sure the oils in your lotion don’t separate and that it isn’t too hot. Apply it on to your skin and enjoy!
- To stop eyeliner from crumbling, a quick fix is to freeze eyeliner for ten minutes before applying. It should glide along your lash line seamlessly after that.
- Out of shaving cream? Use conditioner as a substitute. Conditioner will soften the hair on your legs making it easier to shave and it will leave your skin feeling extra silky.
- Okay, we know this sounds crazy, but rinsing your hair with beer helps restore moisture to your locks and using vinegar will pump up the shine. Soak your hair in either liquid, but not at the same time, for a few minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- For curlier, flirtier lashes, heat up your lash curler with a hair dryer for a few seconds seconds before curling them.
- You probably need less eye shadow than you think. Start with a tiny bit of product on the brush and work it outward to create a soft smoky eye.
- Massage an ice cube over your face until it melts. Do it every night before bed to keep fat cells, acne and wrinkles under control.
- Before applying nail polish, wipe nails with an acetone-based cleanser. Cleaning excess dirt, oil or moisturizer from your nails will ensure that the polish lasts longer.
- Wear sunscreen every day, rain or shine. Even when it’s cloudy outside. Around eighty per cent of the sun’s UV rays pass through the clouds.
- Don’t Neglect Your Elbows! It’s easy to forget about them, but they need just as much protection and care as other parts of your body. Cure dry, rough elbows by massaging Bio-Oil onto them daily. You’ll see and feel softer elbows in two days flat.
- Rinsing your hair with a mixture of chamomile tea and lemon juice, instead of conditioner can permanently lighten your tresses. Allow your hair to dry while sitting in the sun or use a blow dryer — the heat will lighten your locks.
Turn to pages 28 and 29 in Celeb Styles – November/December, 2014 (Rihanna on the cover) for more